Friday, February 21, 2014

Flowers for the Fence Applique

Having some time to check out the applique blocks already completed, I wanted to see how adding more color to the fence could be done. Originally, I just left it as the block appears in the quilt along. However, I did mention you could add flowers, if you wished.



Flowers can be added in a variety of ways:
1) using purchased flower decoration,
2) with embroidery stitches,
3) using appliques,
4) creating delightful flowers using buttons.





WEEK FIVE -- Applique Block

When I shared this quilt block with my sister, the first thing she said was, "it needs flowers".  And so I knew I'd have to come up with something to suit this block before the blocks were joined together. She was in agreement that it looked so much better once the flowers were applied! Take a look....

BLOCK 5: Fence Applique


BLOCK 5: Fence with Flowers


So, I just wanted to share this block from week 5; and if you want to use these flowers on your block, I've included a PDF under the February lessons on the website.

Enjoy the quilt along journey....


If you want to see my quilt blocks done so far, check out the Gallery Page on my website. And, if you can; share your quilt blocks on Facebook; or if you don't have an account there, you could email them to me. And, I can put them up there, for you.


Happy Quilting....



PS February winners for the SHARE THE LOVE Prize Draw were chosen. Please contact me, if you have not already done so. Thanks.  (info@darlee.ca)



No comments: