Sunday, November 7, 2010

An End To The Journey

At the end of 2009, when I was mapping out my quilting technique challenge, I decided I'd try for a total of 20 projects. 

Originally, I was only going to make a block of each new technique, and then make those blocks into a variety of projects. But that changed after my first project! It was then that I decided I'd make small ones and complete each as a separate quilt.

Then, there were two periods of time, that were going to be challenging to get any quilting done, so I worked extra time in the spring and then again in the summer. So, because of this I was able to keep up with my goals to make five new quilts in each three-month timeframe.

However, over the past few weeks, I've pondered on whether I should forge ahead and get to 20 completed projects or stop at 18. So for my last three-month session, the total will end up at 3.

As the weeks go by so quickly... and the challenge of going to college and keeping up with the assignments and such, I've decided that the projects that I completed in late summer will be all that I wish to do. I haven't done any quilting since late August and am not finding any desire to squeeze it into my schedule.

Therefore, next week I will share my last project from this year's challenge, before wrapping it all up in December.

Next week…
EIGHTEENTH PROJECT - NOVEMBER 2010:



My eighteenth project will be shared next week...

The Complete Guide to Quilting Techniques/
Pauline Brown







More Book Titles...
If you wish to see more quilting books you can check out my website for more details. Those books reviewed are listed on the "featured" page.

No comments: